Renaulter 25 år eller äldre.

Moderator: Forumpolisen

joe77
Firstname: joe
Surname: peter

Renault Caravelle - Help!

Post by joe77 »

Hello all the enthusiasts!

I am completely new to this forum but I mainly turn to you who have experience with Renault Caravelle!

Some time ago, I stumbled across a Caravelle and realized that I absolutely love this car's shapes! I still haven't seen it live, or been in it, but in pictures it makes it so nice! Now I have got hold of a lady who owns one and I will probably get to check it out this weekend. It is in decent condition and has not been used for several years and lacks completely rust which is the advantage. Mechanically I do not know, not started in a decade of it.

So my questions to you are, how is the car as such?
Driving characteristics? Reliability? Access to spare parts? Mek-friendly?

The thing is also that I am 193 cm long, will I fit in the car? Haha! :)

Joke to the side, would be very grateful if I could get some help here ang purchases! Convince me and you get a little friend on coming meetings!

Well met!
Stymie
Firstname: Albert
Surname: Sjöberg

Re: Renault Caravelle - Help!

Post by Stymie »

The Caravelle is based on Renault 8 components. By that you will get hold of parts much easier compared with the elder Floride. As you are tall you may have limited possibility to sit comfortable in the car. In my case (200 cm) I can't drive it as my eyes are in line with the top edge of the windshield frame.

Beware of rust underneath. if doors are hard to open chassis can be rusted in it's structural parts. With the engine in the back handling is more for crusing rather than active driving.
___
Nu: Mégane E-tech Electric Iconic -22, ZOE ZE50 R135 -20, Mégane II RS -08, R19 16V Cab -93, R16TL R1156 -77, R16 R1150 -67
Förr: R20TS, R5GTS, R19TXE, Laguna, Laguna II, Grand Modus, Grand Scenic III, ZOE, Twizy 80, Kadjar.

Re: Renault Caravelle - Help!

Post by 1898 »

Stymie wrote: 13 May 2019, 09:13 The Caravelle is based on Renault 8 components. By that you will get hold of parts much easier compared with the elder Floride. ...
And still, the only model that looks even nicer than the Caravelle, is the Floride...
Per Arne Almeflo
Nu: Renault Floride, Renault Kadjar
Förr: Renault 12, Renault 16, Renault Clio, Renault Megane Scenic, Renault Megane Sports Tourer